Hair. It is one of the great frustrations of life. While we worry that it will stop growing on our scalps, we spend endless hours trying to stop it in other areas. Unfortunately, do-it-yourself solutions for unwanted body hair are temporary. It will come back no matter how many times you shave it, wax it, tweeze it, or dissolve it with depilatory creams. No wonder so many people are turning to the one simple and effective long-term solution – zap it with laser hair removal.
The benefits of laser treatment for unwanted body hair include:
- Permanent hair reduction – Laser energy acts on follicles, inhibiting their ability to grow new hairs. Each session reduces the number of hairs in the treatment area. After a full series of laser sessions, virtually all hair growth is stopped. For most patients, an occasional touch-up is sufficient to keep the area smooth and hairless.
- Convenience – Forget cumbersome daily, weekly, or monthly hair removal routines. After your initial series of appointments, laser hair removal is virtually maintenance-free.
- No more stubble – Every temporary technique has that awkward in-between phase. You shaved this morning, but your skin no longer feels smooth. Or hair is growing back after waxing, but it’s not long enough to wax again. Since there is no re-growth after laser removal, there is no unsightly and uncomfortable stubble.
- Healthy skin – Laser hair removal is generally considered a purely cosmetic treatment. However, it can greatly benefit people with certain skin problems. Individuals prone to ingrown hairs or razor bumps often choose laser removal to avoid shaving. For people with extremely sensitive skin or conditions such as psoriasis or eczema, abrasion and minor skin injuries caused by pulling hairs or shaving can cause itching, inflammation, or trigger outbreaks. Laser treatment is a great way to avoid these problems.
- Cost effective – The upfront price of laser treatment may be higher than alternatives. However, if you add up the money spent on razors, waxing, or creams over time, you may realize that laser removal is more economical than you thought.
Botox® is one of the most requested cosmetic procedures, and it keeps getting more popular. When its wrinkle-reducing properties were first discovered, it became an instant favorite of aging women. As the stigma surrounding male cosmetic enhancement crumbled, Botox® gained a new following. The procedure is now so popular among men that it has been dubbed “Brotox.” The latest group to take an interest this treatment is young adults. A growing number of women and men in their thirties, and even in their twenties, are looking for ways to stop early signs of aging before it even starts.
When is the best time to begin Botox®?
There is no universal answer to that question. According to the FDA, Botox® Cosmetic is not recommended for patients under the age of 18. Aside from that, there are no hard-and-fast guidelines. The best time to start Botox® is when you need it, which can vary greatly from one patient to another.
Every person is unique, and we all age differently. For example, if your free time during high school and college was largely spent outdoors without sun protection, you may start seeing fine lines in your early to mid-twenties. UV exposure hastens the aging of skin and people who don’t wear sunglasses tend to squint a lot, which can lead to muscle rigidity and resulting lines in the skin. Alternately, if you protect yourself from the sun and take good care of your skin, you can slow the aging process.
Prevention vs. correction
You can wait for aging to happen, and then take steps to reverse it. However, a much more effective strategy is to stop it early. In either case, Botox® can be a great benefit. In fact, research suggests that it is most effective when treatment begins early. When facial lines first appear, they are dynamic wrinkles, meaning that they show up when you form an expression, and fade when you relax your face. Botox® treatments begun at this stage can keep those muscles relaxed and supple, preventing deeply etched lines from forming. Although nothing can stop the aging process, a practical approach can greatly slow it, which delays the need for more invasive procedures.
For the past 7 years, our patients have named Dr. Mary Lupo as a “Top Dermatologist” in Gambit’s Best of New Orleans Poll! We always strive to give our patients the best care, and we are so thankful for your support. If you believe Dr. Lupo and her staff deserve it again, please cast your vote in Gambit’s Best of New Orleans 2016 poll (Goods and Services section) by July 31.
To complete the survey, click here. At least 25% of the ballot must be completed for your votes to count (that’s 40 questions).
One of our newest treatments for anti-aging is INFINI, a unique high-intensity focused radiofrequency device specially developed to reduce wrinkles, laxity and textural changes in skin of all colors and during any season. When the skin ages, elastin and collagen breakdown causing wrinkles, pigmentary and other textural changes that reduce the youthful appearance of the skin.
INFINI works by inserting very small microneedles into the skin while delivering focused radiofrequency energy. Infini works below the skin (dermis), where wrinkles originate, to rebuild collagen without causing unwanted damage to the top layer of skin (epidermis). The collagen continues to build over several weeks after each treatment; the skin becomes more youthful as wrinkles and laxity become less and less visible.
INFINI has a relatively short recovery period, and most patients find that they can wear makeup and be back to work 1-2 days after their procedure. Results can be seen quickly (as soon as 1 week) but collagen will continue to build for 4-6 weeks, with improvements being seen as long as 6 months after the treatment. Typically, patients receive optimal results with 1-3 treatments.
Contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lupo or Dr. Holcomb to see if INFINI is right for you!
10% off Alphaeon Beauty Eyelash Serum
Courtney is one of our front desk associates, and she has been selected as the July Employee of the Month! She has been rewarded with a skin care product of her choice, which will be our July Product of the Month: Alphaeon Beauty Eyelash Serum. She says “I love Alphaeon Beauty Eyelash Serum and get lots of compliments on my lashes! I was always hesitant to use other eyelash products because of the risk that they could darken my blue eyes. Now that I don’t have to worry about that with this eyelash serum, I use this product everyday to thicken and lengthen my lashes.”
For more information on Alphaeon Beauty Eyelash Serum, click here.
When you purchase Alphaeon Beauty Eyelash Serum, you can receive 10% off of this product through July 31, 2016. For in-office purchases, please mention this promo at checkout. For online purchases, please use the coupon code “POM10“.
As a follow up to our announcement at the beginning of the year, we would like to remind our patients about Lupo Lagniappe, a rewards program to give cosmetic patients “a little something extra” for their loyalty.
The program is free and no registration is required. We are tracking all cosmetic services throughout this year, and each patient who spends at least $1000 during 2016 will be rewarded in 2017. The more you spend, the more you save! For more information, contact email@example.com.
In addition to the promotions featured in this newsletter, check out our website for more information on the following promotions:
- Save up to $200 off Kybella + Botox
- Save up to $525 off Sculptra Aesthetic