The cosmetic benefits of dermatology are well known, but many people underestimate the medical benefits. Here are the five best reasons to see your dermatologist in New Orleans (even if you don’t have wrinkles)
- Skin cancer screening –Self-checks at home and annual screening by your dermatologist takes very little time from your busy schedule. Just a few minutes can save your life, because the success rate of melanoma treatment largely depends on how early it is diagnosed and treated.
- Diagnostics – What is that bump? What caused that rash? The answers to questions such as these can be very important. Not only is skin the largest organ in the human body, but it is also one of our primary defenses against toxins. Skin problems are often signs of disease, allergies, or other conditions. Many medical problems are first seen with changes on the skin.
- Controlling skin disease – Acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions can take a toll on your quality of life. Symptoms such as pain, itching, discomfort, and embarrassment can even interfere with routine activities. However, you don’t have to “just live with it.” With today’s wide range of treatment options, virtually any imaginable condition is treatable.
- Customized skincare advice – From drugstores to specialty boutiques, you are literally faced with walls of skin treatments and products. Some contain allergens, impurities, or ingredients that can aggravate certain skin conditions. Some are inappropriate for your skin type, too harsh, or simply ineffective. Yes, there are a few gems, but finding them can be nearly impossible without the guidance of a knowledgeable professional.
- Beyond the skin – One of the most common misconceptions about dermatologists is that they are exclusively skin doctors. The specialty also includes diagnostics and treatment of conditions affecting the hair and nails. From head to toenails, your dermatologist can help you stay healthy.
Call 504-777-3047 to schedule an appointment.