We offer patients a complimentary VISIA Complexion Analysis to identify the skin’s characteristics on all layers, similar to the ultraviolet camera in this video. With the VISIA analysis, we are able to provide the comprehensive data needed for an overall skin care rejuvenation plan. The photographs and analysis take about 15 minutes. The VISIA screening is complimentary for all patients. Call today to schedule an appointment for a VISIA Complexion Analysis.
Patch testing is a diagnostic tool used for patients believed to have contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is an itchy red rash that occurs from a chemical or substance coming into contact with the skin. The most well-known example of contact dermatitis is the rash caused by poison ivy, but contact dermatitis can also occur from everyday exposures such as soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, and hair dye.
A patch test is a specific examination to determine the exact cause of an allergic contact dermatitis. It works by placing a small amount of safety-tested substances that are common causes of skin allergies on the skin to see what causes a reaction. Patch testing is simple and painless. The entire procedure takes one week to complete and requires three visits to our office in the same week.
Dr. Kate Holcomb is our board certified dermatologist who performs patch testing at the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology. Dr. Holcomb has gained expertise in patch testing throughout her residency at a national patch testing center, Saint Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center of Columbia University. After her residency, she performed patch testing at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. In 2014, Dr. Holcomb received the American Contact Dermatitis Society Mentorship Award where she spent a week at the largest patch testing center in the United States and further honed her expertise in delayed contact allergy testing. She is pleased to be able to provide more extensive testing for patients in the New Orleans area.
We often share with you ways to improve your appearance with skin tightening of the face, neck and body, and we are now excited to specifically target the decollete as well!
The Ultherapy Decolletage Treatment utilizes imaging and micro-focused ultrasound to stimulate the natural formation of collagen and elastin in the skin’s foundation to gradually smooth the lines and wrinkles on the chest area. As with all FDA-cleared Ultherapy procedures for lifting the neck, eyebrow and under the chin, meaningful results are achieved in just one 30-60 minute treatment, and there’s no downtime or post-treatment care required. Full results are visible after about three months.
There are several factors that cause the skin on decollete to wrinkle, including age, sleep position and sun exposure. Many patients who come to us to treat the lines and wrinkles on the decollete also want to address skin discoloration as well. That’s because sun exposure not only causes the lines and wrinkles but also brown spots. In order to fully treat the decollete area, we are offering a $500 savings with the purchase of a Ultherapy Decolletage Treatment, an IPL treatment for discoloration, and a NEOCUTIS BioSerum for at home maintenance of lines and discoloration.
Smoothing Serum 2x
Replenix Smoothing Serum 2x assists in achieving smoother, firmer and more evenly toned skin with the benefits of Green Tea Polyphenols. It also contains retinol, which is a very important ingredient to improve the appearance of sun damaged skin.
The benefits of Replenix Smoothing Serum 2x:
Proven anti-aging properties.
- Enhances the turnover rate of the skin.
- Fights acne and blemishes.
- Removes superficial skin pigmentation.
- Aids in the formation of collagen to plump the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coupled with the proven antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea, it reduces irritation and photosensitivity.
- Formulated with hyaluronic acid in a hydrating base.
Replenix Smoothing Serum 2x is best for sensitive skin or first time retinol users. It is a gentler alternative to Retin A.
When you purchase Replenix Smoothing Serum 2x in our office, you will receive 20% off this product through October 31, 2014, while supplies last.
Dr. Lupo believes that all patients, no matter their medical condition, should be treated with the finest medical care by a board certified physician. Time and time again, Dr. Lupo and her peers in the medical field come across stories from patients as well stories about “doctors” positioning themselves as fully qualified physicians, when in reality, they did not complete a residency in an aesthetic specialty and are practicing outside of their field of training.
Dr. Lupo is also concerned about the increasing number of patients coming to her office after suffering complications as a result of untrained or uncertified physicians and non-physicians performing medical procedures with injectables and lasers. Even more frightening is when those patients are treated with illegal products. Dr. Lupo believes all patients deserve to know the truth and qualifications of their treating physician and advises all patients do their homework before having any procedure done.
Choose the “Core Four” for Cosmetic Dermatology
- Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery and Oculo-Plastic Surgery. These four medical specialties have extensive formal residency training in performing cosmetic procedures, not mere weekend courses.
Check for Board Certification and Other Credentials
- You can verify any physician’s board certification by checking with the American Board of Medical Specialties. (www.ABMS.org).
- In addition to training and board certification, other ways to insure you are getting superior care is to find out if your physician teaches, publishes and is invited to conduct clinical trials for approval of drugs and devices.
Always Select a Professional Medical Setting
- Qualified physicians are trained to handle cosmetic complications.
- Non-physicians providing cosmetic procedures in their homes such as lasers and injectables are in violation of the state laws for the practice of medicine. Report any such illegal activity to the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners. (www.lsbme.org)
- Physicians must follow the rules of the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners (LSBME) when delegating cosmetic procedures and be responsible for their patients.
- Discounted products may be diluted or illegally imported materials not subject to review by the FDA for purity and safety.
We want to ensure you that both Dr. Mary Lupo and Dr. Kate Holcomb are board certified dermatologists who have specific education and training in a number of medical and cosmetic treatments and are up to date on the latest developments in the field of dermatology. While Dr. Lupo and Dr. Holcomb have gone through training, they are also qualified to train others.